Fidonet Portal

From: Jon Justvig (1:298/25)
To: All
Date: Sun, 05.03.17 18:19
Filegate file releases.
> * Original Post FileGate
> * Copied to IFDC

> A reminder to ALL FDN Coordinators that you should ONLY be sending out
8X3
> filenames!

> In otherwords, this DOES NOT WORK:

> legl0055.tar.gz

> To Jon: you need to store (not archive) this in a zip envelope, like
this:

> zip -jm0 legl0055.zip legl0055.tar.gz

> I thought we went through this before???

I don't recall the instance and I had sent a non-8X3 filename archive a
moment ago named legl0057.tar.gz, please disregard. I stored the archive
in a zip envelope like you had instructed and sent it.

===

Sincerely,
Jon Justvig (1:298/25)
Stepping Stone BBS
Legion RPG HQ
http://vintagebbsing.com:81
telnet://vintagebbsing.com
ssh://vintagebbsing.com
trillian: cr1mson
--- SBBSecho 3.00-Win32
* Origin: Stepping Stone BBS - telnet://vintagebbsing.com (1:298/25)