Fidonet Portal

From: Roy Witt (1:387/22)
To: All
Date: Fri, 25.11.11 13:42
Nominations closed
25 Nov 11 08:07, Alexey Vissarionov wrote to Bjoern Felten:

AV> Good ${greeting_time}, Bjoern!

AV> 25 Nov 2011 00:45:00, you wrote to Ward Dossche:

WD>>> Shut up !
BF>> Never!

AV> Very stupid...

And then some.

R\%/itt

... Only 5% of all humans have the privilege to live in America.

--- Twit(t) Filter v2.1 (C) 2000-10
* Origin: SATX Alamo Area Net * South * Texas, USA * (1:387/22)

From: Ward Dossche (2:292/854)
To: All
Date: Fri, 25.11.11 23:06
Re: Nominations closed
Ross,

RC> I digress, saying what you think is one thing, saying it over and over
RC> again is another..

If we only could find a way to tap into the energy-source that fuels the both
of you, we might discover the "perpetuum-mobile".

\%/@rd

--- D'Bridge 3.59
* Origin: Many Glacier / Protect - Preserve - Conserve (2:292/854)

From: Mark Hofmann (1:261/1304)
To: All
Date: Thu, 08.12.11 08:50
Re: Nominations closed
WvV>I have some general questions I would like every candidate to answer.
WvV>They
WvV>are in no particular order, but I think number 3 and 4 are the most
WvV>important. (Rober Clay only answered number 2 to some extent):

First, sorry for taking so long to reply. I just noticed that sometime in the
last few weeks while testing the latest D'Bridge, this echo feed was removed
from my hub to my BBS node. I just realized it this morning and fixed it.

WvV>1) Why do you want to join the FTSC or what are your reasons to join the
WvV>FTSC?

I would like to join the FTSC to hopefully work together with the rest of the
group to keep Fidonet moving forward from a technical standpoint. Sharing
ideas, plans, etc, to ensure it's future.

WvV>2) What are your credentials and is your history in fidonet and real
WvV>live,
WvV>that makes you think you will be a valuable member of the FTSC?

I have been a sysop and in BBSing since 1985. Started a non-networked Apple
BBS system, then joined WWIVnet in the late 80s. Helped beta test and code
sections of the WWIV<->Fidonet software called WWIVToss in the early 90s, which
is the only gateway software allowing WWIV BBS systems to exchange messages
with FTN networks.

Had left BBSing from around 2003-2009, and returned in 2010 after virtualizing
my entire BBS setup and bringing it back online using a combination of (2)
D'Bridge instances, WWIVToss, and WWIV software.

The original author of WWIVToss send me the source code, allowing me to fix a
few things that were not working completely. I have updated WWIVToss, released
it, and support it. I also beta test D'Bridge.

WvV>3) Or more specific, what makes you a good documenter of current
WvV>practice?
WvV>And what experience do you have with creating documentation?

Part of my professional job, requires documentation. I work professionally in
the IT field (technology), specifically network engineering/security.

WvV>4) What contributions to the documentation do you intend to make once you
WvV>are chosen into the FTSC?

Hopefully as a group, can come up with forward thinking ideas that will lead to
a continued bright future for Fido (and FTN) networks in general.

- Mark

--- WWIVToss v.1.50
* Origin: http://www.weather-station.org * Bel Air, MD -USA (1:261/1304.0)

From: Mark Hofmann (1:261/1304)
To: All
Date: Thu, 08.12.11 08:58
Re: Nominations closed
BF> You, as well as all the candidates, should be aware of the fact that
BF> nothing about any candidates matters, other than their political position
BF> in fidonet.
BF>
BF> A large portion of the electorate from Z1 will inevitably make sure
BF> that
BF> the election will mirror their hatred against especially every zone 2
BF> candidate -- and Michiel and me in particular.

Personally, I have no hidden agenda.

There are plenty of echos in Fidonet for politics, which is where I keep my
personal views on that subject.

When it comes to working together, sharing ideas, for the future of FTN
networks - politics are far from my mind.

From: Wilfred van Velzen (2:280/464)
To: All
Date: Thu, 08.12.11 18:58
Re: Nominations closed
Hi,

On 08 Dec 11 07:50, Mark Hofmann wrote to Wilfred Van Velzen:
about: "Re: Nominations closed":

MH> First, sorry for taking so long to reply.

It's in time there are a couple of days left. ;)

MH> Part of my professional job, requires documentation. I work
MH> professionally in the IT field (technology), specifically network
MH> engineering/security.

I found your LinkedIn page, which confirms this. ;)

WvV>> 4) What contributions to the documentation do you intend to make
WvV>> once you are chosen into the FTSC?

MH> Hopefully as a group, can come up with forward thinking ideas that
MH> will lead to a continued bright future for Fido (and FTN) networks in
MH> general.

That's not in the mandate for the ftsc, but I'm looking forward to hearing new
idea's.
(But unless new technologies are 100% backwards compatible, I don't see
anything happening)

I'll advice my RC to cast a 'Yes' vote for you.

Bye, Wilfred.

--- FMail-W32-1.64-B20111120
* Origin: Amiga Offline BBS Lisse (2:280/464)

From: Carol Shenkenberger (1:275/100)
To: All
Date: Sat, 10.12.11 12:20
Re: Nominations closed
> MH> Part of my professional job, requires documentation. I work
> MH> professionally in the IT field (technology), specifically network
> MH> engineering/security.
>
> I found your LinkedIn page, which confirms this. ;)

That reminds me, I need to update mine and add my current resume. You'll
find me mostly as a silent reader in the SQL groups. I don't post often but
I listen in fairly often for work purposes.

I'm the odd-lot by the way. Oracle 11g SQL programmer, I maintain all the
code and database tables for a major manpower personnel training and
education (MPT&E) system tracking all requirements for all US Navy bases
worldwide. Because SQL generally doesn't tie in with FTN (other than as a
possible subset for nodelist development such as an I-Argus like generator),
you don't see much on me as a product developer.

Current project is to define tables needed for a COGNOS BI team so we can
port over dashboard development tools to a Lotus/Sharepoint web site with
drilldown distinction elements. So far, they seem to need only 4 tables (of
about 950) to goal match their desired outcome. 2 of them I think we will
pre-merge to make it easier and faster operationally to draw needed elements
and the other 2 tables I think we will create a subset of just the MPT&E for
Commander Naval Installations Command (CNIC). If i do it right, the LOE
should be pretty low-end for delivery.

BTW, Mark Hoffman and I have been crossing paths on the periphery for ages.
Not a direct contact because of differing interests, but we've seen one
another in passing since the late 80's. He's a solid quiet professional sort
who would be a pleasure to work more closely with. Grin, A+ for 'works and
plays well with others'.
xxcarol
--- SBBSecho 2.11-Win32
* Origin: SHENK'S EXPRESS telnet://shenks.synchro.net (1:275/100)

From: Carol Shenkenberger (1:275/100)
To: All
Date: Sat, 10.12.11 18:50
Re: Nominations closed
> Hi,
>
> On 10 Dec 11 11:20, Carol Shenkenberger wrote to Wilfred van Velzen:
> about: "Re: Nominations closed":
>
> CS> I'm the odd-lot by the way. Oracle 11g SQL programmer,
>
> Programmer and SQL... Nah, you're just a script kiddie. ;-)

Why thank you Wilfred. Perhaps I'm just a very well paid script kiddie
because my company is too dumb to know the difference. Yeah, that must be
it.

From: Maurice Kinal (1:261/38)
To: All
Date: Sat, 10.12.11 19:54
Re: Nominations closed
Hey Carol!

> Why thank you Wilfred. Perhaps I'm just a very well paid script kiddie
> because my company is too dumb to know the difference. Yeah, that must be
> it.

Heh, heh. Sorry but I couldn't resist having the above repeated.

Life is good,
Maurice

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1
* Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)

From: Wilfred van Velzen (2:280/464)
To: All
Date: Sat, 10.12.11 20:38
Re: Nominations closed

From: Carol Shenkenberger (1:275/100)
To: All
Date: Sun, 11.12.11 13:20
Re: Nominations closed
> Hi,
>
> On 10 Dec 11 17:50, Carol Shenkenberger wrote to Wilfred van Velzen:
> about: "Re: Nominations closed":
>
> >> Programmer and SQL... Nah, you're just a script kiddie. ;-)
>
> CS> Why thank you Wilfred. Perhaps I'm just a very well paid script kiddie
> CS> because my company is too dumb to know the difference. Yeah, that must
> CS> it.
>
> It happens, so yes that must be it... ;)
>
> Bye, Wilfred.

Grin! good rejoinder there!

From: Wilfred van Velzen (2:280/464)
To: All