Fidonet Portal

From: Fernando Miculan (4:902/19)
To: n/a
Date: Fri, 31.08.18 13:21
eMac G4
Hola Todos!

Hello!, i need you help for boot cdrom for install osx. How it is done?.

Thanks!

Saludos!
.:Fercho:.

--- GoldED/W32 3.0.1
* Origin: -=Fercho BBS=- Telnet:fcmsistemas.no-ip.org >> (4:902/19)

From: Alexandr Kruglikov (2:5053/58)
To: n/a
Date: Fri, 31.08.18 22:09
Re: eMac G4
Good ${greeting_time}, Fernando!

31 Aug 18 11:21, you wrote to Todos:

FM> Hello!, i need you help for boot cdrom for install osx. How it is
FM> done?.

What Release date or Codename? MacOS X 10.5.8 should work! =)

With best regards, Alexandr.

--- "GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-b20170303" ---
* Origin: 24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, Hmmm... (2:5053/58)

From: Alexandr Kruglikov (2:5053/58)
To: n/a
Date: Mon, 03.09.18 21:05
Re: eMac G4

03 Sep 18 09:47, you wrote to me:

FM>>> Hello!, i need you help for boot cdrom for install osx. How it is
FM>>> done?.
AK>> What Release date or Codename? MacOS X 10.5.8 should work! =)
FM> Finally installed MacOS X 10.4 Tiger, i had installed version 10.5. I
FM> pressed F12 and i was able to open the cdrom reader. Smile Sorry, i'm new
FM> to MAC.

F12 was this the biggest problem? ;)

From: Alexander Kruglikov (2:5053/58)
To: n/a
Date: Fri, 05.04.19 19:17
Re: eMac G4

05 Apr 19 06:35, you wrote to Alexandr Kruglikov:

FM> Finally, installed MacOs X 10.5 Leopard, because compatibility
FM> programs.

Actually, it's a latest version for $SUBJ.

FM> Sorry, but my english not good.

My too =)

FM> Later send you more information of my problems with MacOs X 10.5.

No OS X on G4 - no problem =)
In 2019, this device can be considered only as a museum piece, but not as a
machine for work... However, i can probably help with some software issues...

With best regards, Alexander.

--- "GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-b20180707" ---
* Origin: 24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, Hmmm... (2:5053/58)

From: Alexander Kruglikov (2:5053/58)
To: n/a
Date: Mon, 08.04.19 23:00
Re: eMac G4

08 Apr 19 06:40, you wrote to me:

FM> My question is, what is the most current version of Mozilla Firefox
FM> that i can install in Mac OsX 10.5 ?

I can not say about FF, but there is a developing TenFourFox browser for Mac OS
X Power PC.

http://www.floodgap.com/software/tenfourfox/