Fidonet Portal

From: Dale Barnes (1:106/201)
To: All
Date: Thu, 07.11.19 09:29
FTSC
So going to ask this to the group in this ECHO. In regards to the FTSC, what
would be considered the right kind of person to be a member of this group?
Someone that is a good technical writer, a developer or just someone that
understands the history and technology?

I know that I have seen posts in here in the past that someone posted about the
position but unable to find the message.

Just asking the question to determine what is considered the correct skills the
people think this position should require.

Thank you

--- InterEcho 1.20
* Origin: Home Of InterMail/InterEcho (1:106/201)

From: Dan Clough (1:123/115)
To: All
Date: Thu, 07.11.19 15:25
Re: FTSC
-=> Dale Barnes wrote to Sean Dennis Thank you for your feedback but to be clear (not directed to any
DB> one person), I am keeping this positive. While I have my own
DB> very personal opinions that I will keep to myself, I am trying to
DB> enjoy this for what it is....A HOBBY. While I did not write
DB> InterMail, I cannot take any credit there as InterMail was a
DB> result of JoHo and Peter. While I own it and have now brought it
DB> back to life (ie working again) and the new InterMail 3.0 is in
DB> the works (slow), I do this for FUN, I spend the money for my
DB> HOBBY. I simply will just hit the NEXT key for any messages that
DB> will attempt to bait me into any type of nonsense. Yes I am no
DB> fun but like you and others, I would like to help and keep this
DB> HOBBY alive and going. I love to code and most of what I have
DB> coded in the past was in the commerical world many years ago.
DB> Did a number of projects back in the 90's for Fidonet/BBS before
DB> I departed in 2004. I just recently picked up the compiler again
DB> and started working on all my old projects that I did not get
DB> finished.

Hello Dale,

That's a very wise approach (the NEXT key and the HOBBY aspect)...
On your comments above, I'd be very interested in the status and
availability of the "old" Intermail/Interecho and the new IM 3.0.
I purchased/used IM/IE back in the 90's and loved it, and would
possibly like to use it again... Can you give any details about
the new 3.0, such as will it be for DOS/Win, perhaps Linux? Will
it also include a new InterEcho? I've tried to find a web/support
site over the years but haven't been able to. Do you have a
public website with more info? Thanks for any info you can
provide!

... ...and we had to chisel taglines into the walls of the cave.
=== MultiMail/Linux v0.52
--- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
* Origin: Palantir * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL * (1:123/115)

From: Ward Dossche (2:292/854)
To: All
Date: Fri, 08.11.19 00:51
Re: FTSC
SD> Unfortunately, Ward and Alexey are examples of people who shouldn't be
SD> involved because neither can see beyond the end of their own noses.

As it is, I am not involved in the FTSC. Never have been, never will.

And Alexey is totally right mentioning that the FTSC has too much assembled
technical incompetence ... he hasn't said so but I wouldn't be surprised if you
were included in that assessment.

SD> Just my opinion, of course, but I've been involved long enough to know
SD> that some members of the FTSC overfluff their pillows in an effort to
SD> impress people.

Like yourself for example by claiming that you are the ZC1 back-up person ?

\%/@rd

--- D'Bridge 3.99
* Origin: Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards (2:292/854)

From: Dan Clough (1:123/115)
To: All
Date: Thu, 07.11.19 20:46
Re: FTSC
-=> Dale Barnes wrote to Dan Clough On your comments above, I'd be very interested in the status and
> availability of the "old" Intermail/Interecho and the new IM 3.0.

DB> I would direct you to the IMECHO or you can send me netmail or
DB> email to me at dalebarnes42{at}majik.net as this echo is for FTSC
DB> and do not think it is a proper place to go over such topics
DB> here.

Thanks, I'll link up the echomail area. Appreciate it.

... If it weren't for Edison we'd be using computers by candlelight

From: TERRY ROATI (3:640/1321)
To: All
Date: Fri, 08.11.19 12:02
RE: FTSC
On Nov 07, 2019 01:11pm, Dale Barnes wrote to Sean Dennis:

DB> Anyone wants to take issue with the above, sorry, life is way to short,
DB> I have lost many friends over the years and this HOBBY will remain
DB> that, a HOBBY.

Well said, it's a hobby and I thank you for your effort in supporting us
Sysops past and present as an old IM user.

Terry Roati

... Platinum Xpress & Wildcat!..... Nice!!!!
--- Platinum Xpress/Win/WINServer v7.0
* Origin: The File Bank BBS! https://tfb-bbs.org (3:640/1321) (3:640/1321)

From: Ward Dossche (2:292/854)
To: All
Date: Tue, 12.11.19 16:54
Re: FTSC
DB> > At least that's my 2 cents worth.

DB> Agreed and thank you for the 2 cents. Smile

Wondering ... as those 2 cents are now worth way less than 50 years ago, does
it mean the associated opinion has also devaluated ?

From: Ward Dossche (2:292/854)
To: All
Date: Sat, 23.11.19 00:32
Re: FTSC
AI> Then the FTSC could publish a standard. Smile

I'm just wondering, if\when we're encrypting stuff is this becoming a point of
interest for the CIA FBI NSA ?

From: Ward Dossche (2:292/854)
To: All
Date: Sun, 14.02.21 23:11
Re: FTSC
DB> So am I allowed to toss my name in or does someone else have to do it?

You did read the announcement ... right ?

\%/@rd

--- DB4 - Dec.21 2020
* Origin: Hou het veilig, hou vol. Het komt allemaal weer goed (2:292/854)

From: Ward Dossche (2:292/854)
To: All
Date: Tue, 16.02.21 16:54
Re: FTSC
DB> >DB> So am I allowed to toss my name in or does someone else have to do
DB> it?

DB> > You did read the announcement ... right ?

DB> You should know the answer to this if I asked the question correct? Razz

Man, that's a good answer, I like it ... Smile