Fidonet Portal

From: August Abolins (1:396/45.29)
To: All
Date: Fri, 19.02.21 23:17
Perseverance rover to land on Mars tomorrow!
Hello Alan!

** On Thursday 18.02.21 - 23:04, you wrote..

AI> I had it in mind but got busy with other things. I'll see
AI> if I can catch up here in a bit.

I just watched one of them. Apparently they had 3 different
"live" programs. I watched the one where they had a young lady
providing commentary and introducing different team members of
the program.

There are a couple of things I wish they would have communicated
better. I liked the update of the speed or velocity of the
craft approaching the planet. But it would have been more
interesting if they had marked the moment when the "7 minutes of
terror" begins. I didn't get the sense of drama and excitment
from the high speed approach from 22km/s to 5km/s to 1km/s.

I also wondered what heck were they spending all their time
looking at on their screens. It would have been nice to see
those and some explanations. Some people were flipping through
paper copies of materials in books.

What was the deal with the blue-light bars across the tops of
the benches they were sitting behind?

AI> I hope that dust is dry enough that it doesn't stick to anything.

Do they have contingency plans to clean the camera lenses from
the dust that will accumulate on them? The first images looked
cloudy.

--
../|ug

--- OpenXP 5.0.48