Fidonet Portal

From: Alan Ianson (1:153/757.2)
To: All
Date: Thu, 18.02.21 23:04
Perseverance rover to land on Mars tomorrow!
Re: Perseverance rover to land on Mars tomorrow!
By: August Abolins to Alan Ianson on Thu Feb 18 2021 10:38 pm

AA> I completely forgot about it. I had it scheduled as a reminder
AA> in my iPod, but I forgot the iPod at home this morning.

I had it in mind but got busy with other things. I'll see if I can catch up
here in a bit.

AA> I bet the fine martian dust will muck up the rotors very
AA> quickly. There is no service station on mars to repairs things
AA> like that. Very Happy

I hope that dust is dry enough that it doesn't stick to anything.

AA> SO.. was the landing captured well? One of the pics post-
AA> landing is just black and white. Isn't this multi-billion $
AA> rover equipped with a colour cameras?

I haven't had a look yet. I saw a headline that the landing was successful but
haven't had a look yet.

AA> I think I noticed a recorded 2hr program of the event on YT.

Good stuff, I'll go check that out.

Ttyl Smile,
Al

... Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
--- SBBSecho 3.12-Linux