Fidonet Portal

From: Robert Wolfe (1:116/17)
To: All
Date: Sun, 03.03.19 10:21
Registering IREX
Hi all!

I was wondering if it were still possible to register Internet Rex as
it looks like it cannot be registered through BMT Micro anymore and I
am not sure what other methods of registering the program are out
there? I ask because a new WINServer sysop would like to register his
copy.

--- Wildcat! v7.0.454.7 (Nov 13 2018), Editor Mod v2.1
* Origin: Omicron Theta (1:116/17)

From: Mike Dippel (3:640/1116)
To: All
Date: Sun, 11.07.21 20:47
RE: Registering IREX
On 7/11/2021 6:07 AM, Scott Styles wrote to Jason Bock:

-> Hey Brock...
-> I would love some insight on how to register iRex.
-> Thanks in advance,
-> Scott

This is the response I received from Charles for registration:

I am the person to provide registration keys for Internet Rex, yes.
There should be a register.zip in Rex's distribution file which contains all
the information
you need to register. Register.CAN is me. The information in it is outdated
though - the
current address is 12311 108 Ave, Edmonton, Alberta, T5M 2B3 and there's no
current
paypal address. I can handle cash, cheques, or money orders in US or Canadian
funds.

Hope this helps.
Mike Dippel

--- Platinum Xpress/Win/WINServer v7.0
* Origin: The Hobby Line! BBS (3:640/1116)

From: Daryl Stout (1:19/33)
To: All
Date: Mon, 12.07.21 10:09
Re: Registering IREX
Mike,

I think BMT Micro also handles IREX registrations.

Daryl

... I'm Droopy of Borg. You know what?? You're about to be assimilated.
=== MultiMail/Win v0.52
--- SBBSecho 3.14-Win32
* Origin: The Thunderbolt BBS - Little Rock, Arkansas (1:19/33)

From: Daryl Stout (1:19/33)
To: All
Date: Mon, 12.07.21 17:22
Re: Registering IREX
Scott,

-> I think BMT Micro also handles IREX registrations.
->

SS> Great suggestion! I do not see iRex in their catalogue...

That's how I registered mine. I don't recall their URL offhand...
or if they're still doing registrations for IREX. I bought the full
version (I forget how many nodes, with the server deal).

Daryl

... Newspaper Headline: "Prostitutes Appeal to Pope."

From: Kurt Weiske (1:218/700)
To: All
Date: Tue, 13.07.21 07:22
Re: Registering IREX
-=> Daryl Stout wrote to Scott Styles <=-

DS> That's how I registered mine. I don't recall their URL offhand...
DS> or if they're still doing registrations for IREX. I bought the full
DS> version (I forget how many nodes, with the server deal).

I ran all open-source or freeware back in the day. The only two packages I
paid for were Global War and Irex. I used IREX up until just recently for a
transx downlink I had.

... Listen to the quiet voice
--- MultiMail/DOS v0.52
* Origin: http://realitycheckbbs.org | tomorrow's retro tech (1:218/700)

From: robert wolfe (1:116/18)
To: All
Date: Sat, 13.11.21 12:48
Re: Registering IREX
-> Mike,

-> I think BMT Micro also handles IREX registrations.

-> Daryl

-> ... I'm Droopy of Borg. You know what?? You're about to be assimilated.
-> === MultiMail/Win v0.52
-> --- SBBSecho 3.14-Win32
-> * Origin: The Thunderbolt BBS - Little Rock, Arkansas (1:19/33)

I don't think hey have done that in quite some time. I think you need
to get in touch directly with Charles Cruden to register Internet Rex
these days.

... AARRGGHH!! These aren't Taglines!! They're infestations!!
--- Wildcat! v8.0.454.12 (May 9 2021), Editor Mod v2.1
* Origin: Omicron Theta * Southaven MS * winserver.org (1:116/18)