Fidonet Portal

From: Doug Cooper (1:227/702)
To: All
Date: Mon, 23.08.21 12:27
New user birth date prompt
g00r00 or someone who may know,

I am trying to make a "form" style new user login with everything on one page
such as:

Alias
Real Name
Gender
Location
Birth Date
E-Mail Address
User Note
etc.

All is working very nicely with the exception of birthdate.

In testing, when I reach "birth date," I type it into it's designated
x/y location (approxmately Y12 X48). Input works just fine. However after
hitting [ENTER] the birthdate disappears, adds several blank spaces, clearing
my ansi border to the right, then down one line by approximately 7 characters.

So what should look like

[*] Enter your Birthdate : [*]
[*] Enter your E-Mail Address : [*]

Looks like

[*] Enter your Birthdate :
Enter your E-Mail Address : [*]

by the time the birthdate is entered.

Is there a hidden prompt adding these spaces, and/or some trick I can do to
keep this from happening?

Any help is mucho appreciated!

-tG

... Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.
--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/08/19 (Raspberry Pi/32)
* Origin: The Underground [@] theunderground.us:10023 <-port (1:227/702)

From: g00r00 (1:129/215)
To: All
Date: Tue, 24.08.21 09:14
Re: New user birth date prompt
DC> In testing, when I reach "birth date," I type it into it's designated
DC> x/y location (approxmately Y12 X48). Input works just fine. However
DC> after hitting [ENTER] the birthdate disappears, adds several blank
DC> spaces, clearing my ansi border to the right, then down one line by
DC> approximately 7 characters.

DC> Is there a hidden prompt adding these spaces, and/or some trick I can do
DC> to keep this from happening?

No there are no hidden prompts what is the e-mail prompt doing?

If you want to send me your prompts so I can install it here I can test it but
other than that there aren't any hidden things and even my own BBS has a
form-style application.

... Don't diet, download a virus to remove the FAT.

* Origin: Sector 7 * Mystic WHQ (1:129/215)

From: Doug Cooper (1:227/702)
To: All
Date: Wed, 25.08.21 07:44
Re: New user birth date prompt
g0> No there are no hidden prompts what is the e-mail prompt doing?

It's the birthday prompt. There appear to be more blank spaces to clear the
birthday within the code then is necessary, to clear out the birthday after
inputted by the new user.
For example:
If the "end point" of the birth date was X75 on line Y05
Mystic is clearing the b-day from X67 Y05 through X10 Y06 ish.

Not exactly that number of characters, it could be more. I'm assuming it's a
strRep ' ' that is longer then XX/XX/XX. But I can't see that code (Smilez)

g0> If you want to send me your prompts so I can install
it here I can test g0> it but other than that there aren't any hidden things
and even my own g0> BBS has a form-style application.

I do have one other question as I build this new BBS ...

I have "Require feedback" turned on within mystic -cfg.
After the new user enters their information, they are presented with the
"feedback required" ansi. Mystic then flies right past the ansi without pulling
up the message editor and forcing the user to type something.

What step am I missing here?

Also was curios when the OF (not first call, invisible access feature) will be
available? I'm still seeing an 8.19 build for RPI. No rush, just curious.

Thank you!

-tG

... We all live in a yellow subroutine...

From: g00r00 (1:129/215)
To: All
Date: Wed, 25.08.21 08:35
Re: New user birth date prompt
DC> Not exactly that number of characters, it could be more. I'm assuming
DC> it's a strRep ' ' that is longer then XX/XX/XX. But I can't see that
DC> code (Smilez)

There are no extra prompts or a "strrep". The reason I asked about the e-mail
prompt is because that is what is asked next and what would display after you
input the birthdate. I think you may have to send me a reproducable example if
you want me to look into it further.

(You can certainly make it longer or shorter if you use the IN/IS mci codes).

DC> I have "Require feedback" turned on within mystic -cfg.
DC> After the new user enters their information, they are presented with the
DC> "feedback required" ansi. Mystic then flies right past the ansi without
DC> pulling up the message editor and forcing the user to type something.
DC>
DC> What step am I missing here?

Do you have the "send feedback to" user set in the configuration? If Mystic
can't find the user you have configured then it will do that.

DC> Also was curios when the OF (not first call, invisible access feature)
DC> will be available? I'm still seeing an 8.19 build for RPI. No rush,
DC> just curious.

Its in the 8.22 build which is on there now. Looks like I forgot to upload the
8.22 release after I put it together so I just did! Sorry abou that!

... If at first you don't succeed, blame your parents!

* Origin: Sector 7 * Mystic WHQ (1:129/215)

From: Doug Cooper (1:227/702)
To: All
Date: Wed, 25.08.21 20:19
Re: New user birth date prompt
g0> There are no extra prompts or a "strrep". The reason I asked about the
g0> e-mail prompt is because that is what is asked next and what would
g0> display after you input the birthdate. I think you may have to send me
g0> a reproducable example if you want me to look into it further.

It's not a huge deal if I can find your old form mod. The email prompt, which
does follow after, was fine, it was the birthday being inputed and then erased
after that seemed to have been causing the issue. I have it fixed to work as
is, by shortening the prompt questions, and repositioning the x/y locations on
the form within the ansi.

g0> Do you have the "send feedback to" user set in the configuration? If
g0> Mystic can't find the user you have configured then it will do that.

Hmmm .. I'll check that out .. I don't recall setting that up. Thank you.

g0> Its in the 8.22 build which is on there now. Looks like I forgot to
g0> upload the 8.22 release after I put it together so I just did! Sorry
g0> abou that!

Awesome thank you!!

-tG

... Fer sell cheep: BBS spel chekker. Wurks grate.