Fidonet Portal

From: Christian Sacks (2:250/5)
To: All
Date: Fri, 20.08.21 16:56
Accessing the BBS via dial-up
Hey y'all,

something I've been reading that some people do currently is have pots dialup
to their BBSes, I'd love to be able to do that with mine also.

How would I do this the best way with Mystic? Anyone doing it already and
willing to share how?

... Reward for a job well done: More work
--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/08/10 (Linux/64)
* Origin: thE qUAntUm wOrmhOlE, rAmsgAtE, uK. bbs.erb.pw (2:250/5)

From: Jay Harris (1:229/664)
To: All
Date: Fri, 20.08.21 12:16
Re: Accessing the BBS via dial-up
On 20 Aug 2021, Christian Sacks said the following...

CS> something I've been reading that some people do currently is have pots
CS> dialup to their BBSes, I'd love to be able to do that with mine also.

CS> How would I do this the best way with Mystic? Anyone doing it already and
CS> willing to share how?

I had this setup when I was running Windows for both Mystic & Telegard using
sexpots.exe (http://www.synchro.net/sbbs/sexpots.zip).

This would initialize a modem, answer any incoming calls and then forward the
modem to a telnet session.

CS> --- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/08/10 (Linux/64)

Since you're running Linux this wouldn't help you very much, and now that I'm
back on a Pi, I'd be interested in seeing what others are doing under Linux so
I could offer dialup access as well (that nobody ever used).

Jay

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/08/19 (Raspberry Pi/32)
* Origin: Northern Realms (1:229/664)

From: g00r00 (1:129/215)
To: All
Date: Fri, 20.08.21 16:28
Re: Accessing the BBS via dial-up
CS> How would I do this the best way with Mystic? Anyone doing it already and
CS> willing to share how?

Mystic supports direct serial I/O using mgetty.

* Origin: Sector 7 * Mystic WHQ (1:129/215)

From: Alisha Stutz (2:301/113)
To: All
Date: Fri, 20.08.21 21:03
Re: Accessing the BBS via dial-up
Hi g00r00,

Where i can found a documentation to configure the direct access to connect a
old pots modem?

g0> Mystic supports direct serial I/O using mgetty.

I want to access my Modem over a USB.2.Serial Adapter.

Best regards
Alisha
--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Linux/64)
* Origin: swissIRC BBS (2:301/113)