Fidonet Portal

From: Wayne A Smith (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Sat, 13.06.20 23:06
Asus Wireless AP WL-330gE
From: Wayne A Smith <waynea.smith4@gmail.com>

I have ArcaOS 5.0.2 installed on a Thinkpad T540p. Unfortunately there is =
yet no driver for the Wireless NIC.

Trying to economize I decided to try the subject which I have had sitting h=
ere for a long time but never used. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get acc=
ess to its internal browser in order to configure it.

My <setup.cmd> and <hosts> file are as follows:

route -fh
arp -f
ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1
ifconfig lan0 192.168.254.45 netmask 255.255.255.0 metric 1 mtu 1500
REM ifconfig lan1 metric 1 mtu 1500
REM ifconfig lan2 metric 1 mtu 1500
REM ifconfig lan3 metric 1 mtu 1500
REM ifconfig lan4 metric 1 mtu 1500
REM ifconfig lan5 metric 1 mtu 1500
REM ifconfig lan6 metric 1 mtu 1500
REM ifconfig lan7 metric 1 mtu 1500
REM ifconfig sl0
REM dhcpstrt -i lan0 -d 0
ifconfig lan0 192.168.1.220 netmask 255.255.255.0 alias
route add default 192.168.254.254 -hopcount 1
ipgate off

127.0.0.1 localhost localhost
192.168.254.254 router router
192.168.1.220 asus-ap asus-ap

Following Dani's configuration on the predecessor to the subject, and anoth=
er article, I assumed this ought to work. Obviously, it doesn't.

Is there some other configuration I should use? Or should I just break dow=
n and buy either the Asus RP-N12 or TP-Link Nano Router, either of which I =
am advised ought to work w/ the OS?

For further information, though I have the InJoy Firewall installed, I Whit=
e Listed the IP address for the subject, 192.168.1.220, but it didn't help.=
Also, even trying to access this address from Windows 7 yielded an error =
message. (I was though, on another box w/ XP installed, able to access the=
internal browser, _after_ running the configuration setup from the CD, so =
I _don't think_ the subject is just broken.Wink
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2