Fidonet Portal

From: Janis Kracht (1:261/38)
To: All
Date: Fri, 10.11.17 14:17
The Collectors Newsletter No. 1107 November 10 2017
7. TIAS.com is on Twitter! Click here and be sure to follow us!
https://twitter.com/TIASdotCOM

We've also started an Instagram page, so please be sure to follow us there too!
http://instagram.com/tiasdotcom We recently added quite a number of really
unique items there!We now have a Instagram button at the top of the page at
http://www.tias.com, along with the Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest buttons.

8. This Week's Stories and Requests for Help/Blast from the past

Do you have an interesting story to tell? Send your story to
newsletter@tias.com and we may publish it here. If we use your story, we'll
send you a handy-dandy TIAS pocket tape measure & magnifier
https://www.facebook.com/pg/TIASAntiques/videos/?ref=page_
internal [wraps]

Please be sure to include your name and postal mailing address. (Valid for US
addresses only)

Have you ever sold something that ended up in a movie or a television show?
Here's one person's experience with that:

Back about 13 years ago, I was in an antique store and found a small box that
contained several small sealed vials of "double distilled" water. What
intrigued me was that the vials were not sealed with a top or cork - they were
encased in an all glass ampules. I bought it and put it up for auction. When
it sold, the buyer told me he was purchasing props to use in an episode of the
show "Carnivale", a (then) new HBO series. Unfortunately, I didn't have HBO at
the time, so I never got to see them used. Sarah F.

9. Facebook Updates
Remember that you can check out our Facebook page for some interesting updates.
Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/TIASAntiques If you have photos of
items you would like to share you can post them there as well. You don't need a
Facebook account to visit our page. If you do have a Facebook account please
"Like" us!

Also, everyday we post a "This Date In History" story on our Facebook page,
along with an item for sale on http://www.tias.com that relates to the event.
We're also highlighting one item each day that we find particularly interesting
- something that's very unusual! Check it out!

It's always fun to see what other people own and treasure! Although we can't
put the pictures in this newsletter, please visit our Facebook page to view the
images and learn about those items.

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-3
* Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)