Fidonet Portal

From: August Abolins (2:221/1.58)
To: All
Date: Wed, 07.04.21 09:44
shorthand mnemonics like IDK
Hello Jay Harris!

** On Tuesday 06.04.21 - 21:45, Jay Harris wrote to Alan Ianson:

AI>> ... I have a dream... C:\ 999,999,999,999 Megs free! Yep,
AI>> that was my dream in the 90's and today.. it's still a
AI>> dream!

JH> I have a 20TB NAS downstairs with 6.8TB free, I'm not sure
JH> what I'd do with a petabyte let alone an exabyte.

Wow. Hard to let go of stuff even when it's digital, eh?

The files act as memories though, don't they? Hard to let go of
a file when it "brings back" a memory of it and the story behind
it.

It's much like that with books for me. I don't necessarily want
to get rid of a book, even though I've read it. I want to be
able to look at the book and recall the times and circumstances
around it.

--
../|ug

--- OpenXP 5.0.49
* Origin: The ONLY point that matters! --> . <-- (2:221/1.58)